We have compiled a list of the 20 most frequently asked questions. If you have any questions not answered below, contact us and we will be happy to answer them for you!
1. What makes Citrocasa better than other commercial citrus juicer brands?
High-quality materials and engineering combined with unique features and outstanding design: food-grade (304) stainless steel; robust and reliable engineering; innovative and patented features, such as the Up&Down Soft Cut System, the Double Cover, or the Automatic Transport System for pulp and seed removal; support and service with spare part warehousing in the US.
2. What’s the difference between “fresh” juice from a packaged container and fresh juice from a Citrocasa juicer?
Nothing is as fresh and as pure as freshly squeezed on-premise. The juice is “made” in front of the customers’ eyes, nothing gets added, nothing is diluted, and the taste is as natural and as close to the actual fruit as it can get. The difference is in seeing, smelling, tasting, and knowing that you are getting a fresh and natural product.
3. Why does the orange juice from a Citrocasa machine taste so good?
Citrocasa juicers use an industry-unique dynamic blade system (SCS or Soft Cut System) to cut the fruit, which dramatically reduces the bitter peel oil in the juice versus fixed blade systems. This gives us measurably better, smoother, and sweeter-tasting juice.
4. How long does it take to make a glass of juice?
Just a few seconds… as fast as, or even faster than, a normal soda fountain dispenses a cup of soda. Depending on the model, our machines juice an impressive 30 to 40 pieces of fruit per minute.
5. How many oranges do you need to get a glass of juice?
That depends on the juice content of the oranges, but a rough guideline is about 3 Florida juice oranges for an 8-oz. cup of juice.
6. How long does it take to juice an entire 100-count box of oranges?
About 2.5 to 3 minutes, depending on the model. You can juice an entire pallet (!) in less than 3 hours.
7. What types of fruit can I juice on a Citrocasa juicer?
Citrocasa machines are designed for citrus fruit only. However, you can do a lot more than oranges! For the Fantastic juicers we offer two different pressing kits and for the 8000 juicers we have three different pressing kits, allowing you to juice a variety of citrus fruit: limes, lemons, tangerines, oranges, grapefruit,…
For optimal results, we recommend the following:
a. Standard Pressing Kit (Orange Kit): fruit diameter of 2.5–3.1 inches. This corresponds approximately to boxes in the 100-, 113-, 120-, 138-count range. Included with the juicer.
b. Small Pressing Kit (Lemon/Lime Kit): fruit diameter of 2.0-2.5 inches. This corresponds approximately to boxes in the 150-, to 180-count range. Optional for all Fantastic and 8000 juicers.
c. Large Pressing Kit (Grapefruit Kit) fruit diameter of 3.1–3.5 inches. This corresponds approximately to boxes in the 64-, 80-, and 88-count range. Optional only for 8000 juicers.
8. Why would I want to press limes, lemons, or grapefruit?
Does your establishment serve lemonade? – Try preparing lemonade with freshly squeezed lemons and you’ll taste the difference. Does your establishment prepare cocktails? – Try making your Margaritas or Cosmos with freshly squeezed lime juice. It’s a whole different experience. Want to get more out of your juicer investment? Offer another product: freshly squeezed grapefruit juice. These are just a few examples of the many ways you can use citrus juices. Contact us to find out more.
9. What electricity does it run on?
Citrocasa machines are designed for the North American market and run on 115V and 60Hz. All machines use a standard 3-prong North American plug and require between 1.5-3.5 amps depending on the model. Should you have different electrical needs, please contact us. As Citrocasa is supplied around the world, we have a range of options available.
10. Are Citrocasa juicers difficult to operate?
Citrocasa juicers are very user-friendly and easy to operate. To make sure you understand how your juicer works and how you take it apart for cleaning and reassemble it after cleaning, we offer on-site training sessions (about 2 hours), where we are happy to go over everything you need/want to know about your juicer. We also have a range of instructional materials available, such as training videos for all our juicers, so you and your staff can go back and review any time.
11. How long does it take to clean a machine?
10-30 minutes, depending on the equipment used and your cleaning facilities. Almost all parts are dishwasher-safe!
12. Is your equipment certified?
YES: to NSF/ANSI 8 & to UL-763 for the USA, plus additional safety and hygiene certifications in the EU.
13. Is it profitable?
Yes. Very. And a great way to enhance your brand with high profits per square foot and attractive returns on your investment. Contact us to find out more about how you can make Healthy Profits with Citrocasa equipment.
14. Who developed the Citrocasa line of machines and when?
Technic-Marketing Products GmbH, or TMP GmbH, an Austrian company, developed the Citrocasa line of machine to meet the very high demands of the German and Austrian grocery, hotel, food service, and restaurant segments. TMP has been involved in the citrus juicing industry for decades and markets oranges and packaging in addition to high-quality juicing equipment. Citrocasa juicers have a prominent place on the European market.
15. What are some of Citrocasa’s equipment USPs?
• Stainless Steel (304 grade) construction throughout: including sieves, sieve holders, fruit hoppers & turntables, peel buckets
• High-density copolymer juicing units able to withstand commercial dishwasher temperatures
• Soft Cut System (SCS) with dynamic blade for dramatic improvements in juice taste and quality due to reduced peel oil contamination
• Pulp and seed removal systems: Automatic Transport System (ATS) for dramatic improvements in self-service capabilities, highest efficiency levels, improved juice quality and hygiene (available as 8000SB-ATS only) and Manual Transport System (MTS) on all other juicers.
• Quick-Clean Features (QCF) on all Citrocasa Advance juicers, including Double Plate and Cross Holder Systems, make cleaning even faster, more efficient and more hygienic
• Triple-lipped, double retention spring, heavy duty rubber grommet seals ensuring juice stays in the front of the machine (hygiene and durability) extending the life of your machine
• Hingeless front covers for easy removal to further enhance quality & durability
• Innovative peel ejector designs to enhance quality & durability
• Easy access designs – quality is not complicated and Citrocasa machines are built to be simple… should there be an issue, this means faster trouble shooting and easier repairs resulting in reduced downtimes, lower costs and higher profits
16. Where can I buy a Citrocasa juicer?
Citrus America is the sole importer of Citrocasa equipment in North America, including Canada and the Caribbean. We partner with distributors and service providers all over the region to make sure that you can find a reliable partner close-by for your purchasing and support needs.
17. Can I buy Citrocasa juicers online?
The Citrocasa Fantastic and 8000 juicers are not sold online. We want to make sure our customers select the right juicer for their needs so that their juicing program can be successful. That is why we like to offer our customers pre-sale advice on how to make the best choice for their business.
18. Can I purchase a Citrocasa juicer for my home?
Citrocasa juicers are commercial citrus juicers and not designed for home use. They are too big for most home kitchens and too fast for what most people need – unless you run a juicing or catering business out of your home.
19. What is the warranty on a Citrocasa juicer?
We offer a limited 2-year commercial warranty without volume restrictions on all our Fantastic and 8000 juicers, which covers all parts (excluding the clear front cover) of the juicer against quality defects.
20. Can I get replacement parts?
We stock replacement parts for all juicers here in the US so that we can quickly get you up and running, in the event that an issue arises..