How Long Does it Take to Make a Gallon of Juice?
Last week, Citrus America was at the National Restaurant Association Show in Chicago. We had many visitors to our booth and were very excited to share our knowledge about juicing with them. There were some questions that came up in many of the conversations we had, so we decided to sum them up and share them with everyone out there who is interested in learning more about citrus juicing.
Q: How long does it take to juice a gallon of juice?
The juicing power of our citrus juicers depends on the model, but in any case, we are industry-leading when it comes to juicing speed. Here are a few numbers:
- The CITROCASA 8000 Series juicers press at 40 fruit per minute. If you juice Florida juice oranges, it will take about 1 ¼ minute to juice one gallon of juice.
- On an 8000 Series juicer, it takes only about 2.5 minutes to juice an entire 100-count box of juice oranges.
- The smaller CITROCASA Fantastic Series juicers press about 30 fruit per minute. Using Florida juice oranges, it will take about 1 ½ to 1 ¾ minutes to juice one gallon of juice.
- On both, the 8000 and the Fantastic, a single serving (8, 12, or 16 oz) can be pressed in seconds.
Q: How much does it cost to juice a glass of orange juice?
The price of oranges fluctuates and depends on the price you negotiate with your fruit provider – which depends on the volume you purchase, the availability of fruit, the season, etc. If we use a ballpark figure of $20 for a 100-count box, one orange comes to about 20 cents. That means that an 8-oz serving, for which you need about 3 juice oranges, will cost you about 60 cents. When you look at these numbers, it’s obvious that juicing can quickly and easily generate Healthy Profits for you!
Q: Are the juicers difficult to maintain?
Citrus America offers ample training materials, including detailed training videos, to make sure you fully understand how to operate, clean, and maintain your juicer. We recommend cleaning your juicer at least once a day, but we know that many of our customers establish their own guidelines and clean several times a day.
- CITROCASA juicers are easy to take apart and reassemble.
- All parts that come into contact with the juice are removable and dishwasher-safe. The only part we recommend hand-washing is the Acrylic front cover.
- As an additional hygiene measure, all CITROCASA juicers have the Double Cover. This is a stainless removable and dishwasher-safe separation wall that makes sure that juice doesn’t get onto the housing and the seals protecting the motor.
- The housing simply needs to be wiped down with warm water. Never spray or hose it down!
It takes less than 10 minutes to clean a Fantastic M/AS and under 30 minutes to clean one of our high-volume 8000 juicers on a cabinet!
Q: Does it juice lemons and limes?
Yes. We have an optional lemon/lime pressing kit for all Fantastic and 8000 Series juicers. You do not need to purchase another juicer to do lemon and lime juice. You can simply switch out the pressing kit in a few simple steps. For our 8000 Series juicers, we also have an optional grapefruit kit for larger citrus fruit.
Q: Why does your juice taste so good? Why is it not bitter?
This is one of the most frequent questions we get and we love answering it. All CITROCASA juicers are equipped with the industry-unique and patented Up&Down Soft Cut Technology. Other juicer brands have fixed blades, which means that the fruit peel is often ripped and torn. Or they use other pressing methods that contaminate the juice with a lot of pith, the white tissue on the inside of the peel. CITROCASA juicers have a moving blade, which makes sure that the fruit is cut cleanly and precisely without tearing the peel. Because of this, our juice contains measurably less peel oil. This makes it less bitter and a lot more enjoyable!
Q: When is the Revolution going to be available?
Our newest juicer, the CITROCASA Revolution, is going to be available this summer. This is a much smaller juicer with a footprint of only 9.5 inches wide but an amazing juicing power of 20 fruit per minute. Just check back with us in a couple of weeks or visit the product pages on our website for any news on availability.