Which Citrus Juicer is Right for Me? – Part 1
CITROCASA 8000 XB ADVANCE vs. 8000 CITROCASA 8000 SB-ATS ADVANCE.
When figuring out which citrus juicer is the best for your operation, there are many aspects to consider: juicing volume, space, in-store location, staffing, and many more. To help you with your decision, we are going to outline some of the similarities and differences between the various Citrocasa juicers. This blog is focused on the 8000 XB Advance vs. the 8000 SB-ATS Advance model.
WHAT’S THE SAME:
Both the 8000 XB Advance and the 8000 SB-ATS Advance are high-volume commercial citrus juicers that can easily handle fruit by the pallet – and they share many great features:
- food-grade 304 stainless steel
- automatic fruit feeding system with large fruit supply basket for a whole box of fruit
- juicing speed of 40 fruit per minute, which translates to about 2.5 minutes per 100-count (approx. 40 lb.) box of fruit
- patented up & down soft-cut blade that slices, rather than tears, the peel for great tasting juice
- cross holder fastens 5 points with one single screw
- easily removable and dishwasher-safe juicing parts: upper pressing elements, lower pressing elements, knife, peel ejectors,…
- stainless double cover adds a layer of hygiene between the juicing parts (food zone) and the machine body (engine zone) and protects the seals
- removable and dishwasher-safe rotation plate
- multifunctional digital display with various language settings, intelligent stop function, fruit counter, etc.
- easily exchangeable pressing kits for large and small fruit so you can press not just oranges, but also lemons, limes, tangerines, and grapefruit on one machine (optional)
- rolling stainless steel cabinet for added flexibility and efficiency (optional) or counter installation kit for integration into operation (optional)
The biggest differences between these two citrus juicers have to do with a) how you dispense juice and b) how you clear the sieve of seeds and pulp.
|8000 XB Advance||8000 SB-ATS Advance|
|Manual tap: the juice is pressed into the tank and from there you can release it into a container of your choice by opening the tap
|Self-Service (SB) Tap: the 8000 SB-ATS features a sturdy self-service tap, which you press to release the juice into your container. Note: the SB tap can be converted into a free-flow tap!|
|Juice tank: features a juice tank, which holds about 1.5 gallons of juice||No juice tank|
|Manual Transportation System (MTS): when seeds and pulp accumulate on the sieve, you can use the MTS swiper to swipe them off into the waste bucket||Automatic Transportation System (ATS): seeds and pulp are automatically transported into the trash with the help of a small conveyer belt located above the sieve support|
WHAT’S RIGHT FOR ME?
We at Citrus America usually recommend the 8000 XB Advance to customers who want to set up a staff-operated juicing station, whether it’s in the front or the back of their location. The juice tank is extremely useful when juicing continuously and filling container after container. The tap is easy to open and close while the machine continues to juice into the tank. Without having to stop the juicing, your staff can easily swipe the fruit sieve to remove excessive pulp and seeds.
The 8000 SB-ATS Advance is the ultimate self-service juicer. It is extremely easy to operate: once your staff has filled the fruit supply basket and set the control panel to self-service juicing, the display can be locked. Now, all your customers need to do is place a bottle or cup under the spout, push down the tap, and watch the fruit being juiced in front of their eyes. The juicer starts juicing when you press the tap and it stops juicing when the tap is released again. That means that you don’t have to worry about overflowing the sieve support. Due to the Automatic Transport System, you also don’t have to worry about seeds and pulp accumulating and blocking the juice flow: the conveyer belt conveniently transports excessive seeds and pulp into the trash. The SB-ATS is a great way for you to create a unique and interactive customer experience!
TO SUM IT UP:
We usually recommend the 8000 XB Advance to customers who run a staff-operated set-up, for example in the back of the produce or fresh cut department of a grocery store or at a restaurant server station. We recommend the 8000 SB-ATS Advance for customers who want to juice right where their customers can watch and maybe even do their own juicing.
Each location is unique and would be happy to give you more insights into setting up your juicing operation and choosing the best citrus juicer for your needs. We want to make sure that juicing can turn into a success story for you! Simply give us a call, email us, or fill out the contact form on our website! We look forward to speaking with you!